Selling a home should be an exciting process. It is often recommended to hire a Realtor to assist you in the process. In some markets, the question “How to find a good real estate agent?” can be a daunting task as there are so many realtors to choose from or maybe not enough to choose from.
Don’t let finding a great Realtor prevent you from moving forward to your next adventure. There are easy ways to find your perfect match and sell your home for a new dream home.
However, this process can take some time and if time is not on your side, you may want to check into some alternatives. If you need to sell your home fast and do not have the time or resources to put into the process, such as finding the real estate agent, perhaps, selling your home direct to Sol Green Homes Property Buyers is the best solution for you. With a quick cash offer for your house, you may find this alternative is best suited to your current needs.
It is best to break the process down into a few easy steps to find a good real estate agent in West Palm Beach area. The market offers many choices, so let’s take a look at how to narrow in and find your real estate agent in West Palm Beach.
Do Your Research
Just like you do your research on a school to enroll your child or a dog-sitter to watch your furry friend while you are away, you should take your time to do some background research on the market you’re home is located. The best research tips are at your fingertips and just around the corner.
- Search the internet: Do your due diligence on researching the agencies first. Take a look at their website reviews, individual agent reviews and if you are feeling really into research, check them out on the better business bureau.
If you come across some not so great reviews, check a little further to see if the Realtor responded to those poor reviews. They may have resolved any situation that was less than desirable and that should be taken into consideration as well.
- Ask around: The best way to get a true review is to ask your friends, neighbors or family members who have sold homes. Typically, most of us know someone who has used a Realtor before and can let you know how they really were to work with.
And, let’s be honest, often times the online reviews may have been consumers who were paid to write the review. In the end, those whom you know will be most honest about their experiences.
- Reach out prior to interview process: Don’t be afraid to reach out to various agents you have researched to ask questions. Realtors are here to assist you in the process. If you have questions about their reviews, don’t hesitate to ask. An honest, successful, good agent will be happy to share past client reviews with you.
Now that you have done some research on finding a good real estate agent. You have probably narrowed your choices down a bit from your research. So, what’s next? Now, it starts to get exciting and you are one step closer to selling your home.
Time to Reach Out
It’s advisable really to have narrowed your choices down to a maximum of three potential real estate agents in West Palm Beach. Too many final options could become overwhelming. With just three, reaching out and doing your interview process will be much less stressful.
When reaching out to your potential Realtor candidates in the West Palm Beach market, here are some great questions to ask in order to determine if they will be the right fit for you:
- How long have you been in the West Palm Beach market?
- Do you focus more on the buying or selling side?
- What brokerage do you work for?
- How long have you been working for the agency?
- Do you have any certifications?
- When it comes to your past clients, what part of the process most pleased them when buying or selling a home with you?
- Were there areas within the process they were displeased with as well?
- What was the asking price of the last home you listed on the market?
- What properties have you worked with in my location?
One of the most important key questions to ask the potential agent:
- How do you plan to market my home or what is your plan to find me the perfect home?
A good real estate agent has already done their due diligence after agreeing to meet or speak with you prior to your meeting. They will have a plan in place. If they plan to focus market, advertise in certain ad campaigns, strategically schedule open houses and have a large network, then they did their homework. However, if they did not come with a plan, they may not be the right fit for you. You need an agent who is in your corner.
All of these focused questions will assist you to narrow down your options to that agent you were really impressed with. It is important to hire an agent that sells within a similar market as yours.
Tips to Remember and Consider
When you want to find a good real estate agent, there are tips to remember. You may have done your research, narrowed down your choices and are ready to move forward, but please take into consideration a few helpful tips along the way.
It’s not always best to go with the fanciest Realtors with the largest firms. Often it is easy to get caught up in large advertising campaigns and head straight for the agent who is backed by a large firm that spends a lot of money putting their agents in front as many people as possible.
Just remember, in the end, you are looking for the perfect fit for you. It is possible, the newest agent on the block is your right candidate in West Palm Beach. All Realtors go through a tremendous amount of training and often have mentors.
Be sure to check the agent’s credentials as well, just as you would when finding a doctor. All real estate agents in the West Palm Beach market should have a license. Check with the Florida’s real estate regulatory authority to be sure the Realtors you are considering have the proper licensing. While there, be sure to check to see if the agent has any complaints or regulatory actions against them as well.
Remember, often times, a house represents the majority of your net worth. Above all, you need to be comfortable during the process. Again, it should be exciting for you to sell your home, or at the very least, smooth and streamlined.
Alternative Option To Sell Your House
If all of this feels a little too daunting and you are in need of selling your home fast and cannot wait the 3-6 months+ it is taking to sell a home in the local market, we may be able to offer you a different solution. We’ll buy your home from you with an all-cash offer within 14 days in as-is condition. Less stress with an easier solution.